Rumours abound of MacBook Pro updates.
I’ve owned a G5 for a few years and have been planning to get a portable (yet powerful) Mac for a while – though at 15 inches wide the MacBook Pro may require some weightlifting, from what I’ve been told.
I’m not tempted by the MacBook Air, as slim as it may look. I’m a power user. I plan to run Photoshop and other creative/graphics programs, as well as Logic Studio on this baby when I’m on the move.
What would make me buy a MacBook Pro soon:
- Updates to Intel processors, namely the Penryns we’ve been hearing about
- Multi-touch trackpad features, which the MacBook Air already has
- Incorporation of OS10.5.2 which I expect to be launched around the same time
What I wouldn’t mind having as well:
- A slight drop in price (wouldn’t we all want one?)
- A slightly slimmer body, inspired by the Air
- One or two new features or improvements on existing ones
- Better screens that are also more environmentally-friendly
- More USB ports, if possible. Dare I suggest removing Firewire?
- A built-in memory card reader. Of course I can always get a 3rd-party one, so it’s not a big deal
- Better battery life (this is a difficult one)
What’s on your wish list?
I would really like them to tackle the heat issue, these babies run really hot