You love Macs. You use one at home. It runs on OS X, which is a breeze to use and a sight to behold. But over at the office, everybody uses drab PCs. Staring at the screen eight hours a day makes you want to explode. You feel that your productivity and creativity is slowly being whittled away. What do you do? You customise*!
- Replace the Windows taskbar with ObjectDock. (Not advised for slower PCs. Also, stick with the free version. ObjectDock Plus looks like the product of some geek who tried too hard.)
- Visit WinCustomise and re-theme your desktop.
- Download some nice, Aqua-ish icons from sites like this.
- Smooth your fonts by activating ClearType (Works in Windows XP. Fool-proof instructions for XP users.)
- Download and install the OS X font set on your system
WindowsX looks like an interesting customisation site but the download link was broken. Maybe it got pulled by Apple. Contribute your customisation tips and links by leaving a comment!
*Warning: Not to be implemented in contravention of draconian IT security policies. Not a complete substitute for a real Mac.